Tuesday, February 7, 2023

2023-006 | CAMINO DE SANTIAGO CHRONICLES | BEST PHOTOS | DAY TWO

BEST PHOTO OF DAY TWO


The best photo I took on the second day of the Camino del Norte. June 20, 2022. I passed by this tunnel-like passage on my way to the wharf where a ferry would help me cross on the other side of an estuary.

This was in Pasaia San Juan, Gipuzkoa, Basque Autonomous Region, and it was early morning. Tolerably cold for someone who lived all his life in the tropics. The pavement were made of shale while the walls of the structures were made of sandstone.

After dinner and the night's rest, I regained my confidence to finish the last 825 kilometers to Santiago de Compostela. Somehow, it was too early for cafeterias and tabernas to open and I learned another lesson in Spain: they have their own time standards and I must respect it. Off I went without breakfast for the second morning.

I am a pilgrim from the Philippines.

No comments: