Wednesday, February 1, 2023

2023-005 | CAMINO DE SANTIAGO CHRONICLES | SELFIES | DAY TWO


BEST SELFIE OF DAY TWO

My best selfie of Day Two on the Camino del Norte. June 20, 2022.

That smile says it all. That is confidence. I just crossed safely over from Pasaia San Juan into Pasaia San Pedro on a small boat despite those waves from the Bay of Biscay rocking the inlet waters. Despite the cold weather and deprived of even a simple cup of coffee. Despite the thought of 825 kilometers more to pursue.

This was the day that I wore that t-shirt for the first time which defined my identity and my image for the rest of my life-changing journey. It is from my organization: the Camp Red Bushcraft and Survival Guild, which I displayed proudly along the route of the Camino de Santiago. I wore this everyday. Washed it every night. With my long hair and my dark skin, I stood out from the normal touristy look of conventional pilgrims.

Behind me is a German pilgrim and ahead of me is a Swiss friend and fellow pilgrim. I was climbing up a flight of concrete stairs on the way to Monte Mendiola and to the city of Donostia (San Sebastian).

I am a pilgrim from the Philippines.

No comments: