Tuesday, February 21, 2023

2023-008 | CAMINO DE SANTIAGO CHRONICLES | SNIPPETS | DAY TWO

SNIPPETS OF DAY TWO


Day Two. June 20, 2022.

Found an empty table which I shared with my Swiss friend and trail companion at Kolon Txiki, a taberna in the town of Orio, Gipuzkoa, Basque Autonomous Region. I was wearing my TNF jacket because it was cold and there were light showers outside.


I came at the right time of 21:30 and waited for my food by downing two mugs of San Miguel Beer. I ordered vegetable salad, ox tongue and croquetas. The servings were huge, good for four people, especially the lengua which were eight pieces in all. Eight ox has to be butchered to satisfy me! 😳


The dinner ends with another beer mug and capped by an Irish coffee. The best! It was my second time to be inside a Basque tavern and I get to see how life goes around in a typical Basque town. The rustic insides and displayed items amazed and led me to understand the culture of my great grandparents. I have a quarter of Basque blood in my veins.


I am a pilgrim from the Philippines.


2 comments:

Ruby Cumba said...

Been there last June 2022 with two Pinays 2 from Cebu and one from Bulacan . The lengua is one of the best ! Love the basque region 👍🏼

Ashlee Rolfson said...

It's clear that your journey on the Camino has been an incredible adventure filled with unique experiences and beautiful scenery.
does planet fitness have showers