Thursday, December 11, 2008

PHOTOBLOGGING: Parish Hunting in Cagayan de Oro City

SOMEONE USED TO say that a picture paints a thousand words. That is quite true. An image caught by a camera lens also tell a hundred tales and store a million bytes in your PC. A promising sunrise or a glorious sunset would always elicit awe and wonder to me and I find it appropriate to shoot these scenes in a proper angle and as pure as possible in still images. The amount of sheer satisfaction resulting from a good shot cannot be replaced.

This year I got introduced to a Kodak EasyShare C713 digital camera entrusted to me by my company. It's a late model though having 7.0 megapixels of optical power but one thing I am sure of about this gadget: it can take a rough handling. And so, I began using the digicam as soon as possible as my hands could lay it on.


Last September 26, 2008 I went to Cagayan de Oro City on a working visit. I focused my interest on two Catholic churches during a lull in my itinerary and I pressed the button to capture the images. It was my first baptism with a digital camera and me thinks that my shots were not that great as what I did to an analog camera, but just the same, I uploaded the photos in my blogs at Multiply and My Opera and the latter seemed to have given justice to my amateurish images:


PARISH HUNTING IN CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY

IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

Bulua, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental

The Facade

The Altar

--ooOoo--

SACRED HEART OF JESUS

Ignatius Street, Kauswagan, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental

The Facade

The Altar

This is my first experiment with photoblogging here in Blogger and I understand that my limitations will not be a big problem in the future. My only concern though is how to prevent people from copying my photos and give the credit as their own.


Document done in OpenOffice.

4 comments:

princess maleiha bajunaid candao said...

Nice pics you have here, Jing. Your blog brings your readers to places without leaving their pc. Your thoughts too are very substantive. Keep writing! :)

PinoyApache said...

I'm quite flattered Princess about your comments. I'm beginning to feel as if I'm having wings and floating on air.

Better Than Coffee said...

well that's a nice concept.

love,
nobe

www.deariago.blogspot.com
www.nobe112681.blogspot.com
www.babyproblogger.blogspot.com

PinoyApache said...

I don't know how it would go. Thanks @nobe for your kind comment.