Sunday, April 1, 2018

PECHA KUCHA NIGHTS

ANOTHER SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT.

Another set of a paying crowd listening to a sunburnt relic talking about cold mornings, bad breakfasts and irate people.

Like geeks to a Greek?

No. Not this time, dude. This one’s more chic and metropolitan.

They know a little Greek and some highland yells, I think?

Yeah, they do not come to hear me but they also want to know of other people making good and having fun in their own fields of expertise. I just share the stage time with eight other distinguished individuals.

 
I am invited to Cebu’s own PECHA KUCHA NIGHT at its 17th sequel. Ms. Regil Cadavos made that possible.

I will be talking about meself in ASPACE BAR Cebu at the Crossroads, Governor M. Cuenco Avenue, Cebu City on May 18, 2017. I am asked to provide twenty photos of me, my work and my Thruhike of the Cebu Highlands Trail which I just did in 27 days churning mileage of around 400 kilometers. No cold mornings, bad breakfasts and irate people to talk about this time. Maybe, not a good idea.

I need to describe each photo in not more than 20 seconds. 

That short?

Hmmm, that would be 20 by 20 equals 400 seconds or 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

I think, I got myself cut out for this thing? Like that 20-second rule. 

Why?

You see, I used to get the whistle for hugging the ball for more than 3 seconds inside a shaded lane. Sometimes I do not and it is a big thing if I made a shot. 2 points to my name. A few times, a bonus shot from the line.

They don’t print your scores in the sports section now, did you know that?

But this ain’t basketball, dude!

Okay. No defenders to worry. Yes. Well, ah, but, ah, okay…there is still a crowd. They don’t throw bottles, do they? But I would be willing to be hit this time with…ah…crumpled bills. Do they do that here?

Ooops! My name is called and here goes:

PHOTO 1: As a Husband and Father.
PHOTO 2: As a Writer and Blogger.
PHOTO 3: As a Wilderness Guide.
PHOTO 4: As an Explorer and Adventurer.
PHOTO 5: As an Outdoors Educator.
PHOTO 6: As a Knife-Rights Advocate.
PHOTO 7: As an Amateur Radio Hobbyist.
PHOTO 8: As a Pioneer of Modern Philippine Bushcraft.
PHOTO 9: As an Actor for a Reality Survival TV.
PHOTO 10: As a Product Tester, Reviewer and Endorser.
PHOTO 11: As a Resource Speaker.
PHOTO 12: As the First Person to Hike Through Cebu.
PHOTO 13:
PHOTO 14: Day One – Start of Thruhike from Liloan, Santander.
PHOTO 15: Day Eight – Foot Blisters Treated at Mantalongon, Barili.
PHOTO 16: Day Eleven – Halfway Point of Thruhike at Cebu City.
PHOTO 17: Day 12 and 15 – Crossed Big Rivers in Cebu City and Balamban.
PHOTO 18: Day 21 – Lost 30 Pounds at Kanluhangon, Tabuelan.
PHOTO 19: Day 22 and 23 – Lost in the Wilderness of Doce Cuartos Mountain Range.
PHOTO 20: Day 27 – End of Thruhike at Bulalaque Point, Maya, Daanbantayan.

 
Don’t you want to go back what you missed?

Like what?

You failed to talk about PHOTO 13.

Look dude. You’re not supposed to talk about 13. That’s bad luck! 

But…

Okay. Okay. I tried but I stuttered.


Promotional graphic by Pecha Kucha Cebu|ASPACE Cebu|_COLLAB
Photo No. 3 courtesy of Jad Tupaz
Photo No. 11 courtesy of Markus Immer
Photo No. 12 is a design by Ronald Abella

No comments: