Wednesday, May 16, 2018

INSIDE THE TOP 40: The Best Third-World Country Bushcraft Blogger


WARRIOR PILGRIMAGE IS THE MOST underrated and the most misunderstood blog in the Philippines. Its chosen niche, which is bushcraft and survival, ran contrary to the wants of a typical modern Filipino male who would rather swoon on romantic fantasies, K-Pop and smartphones and sweat only when he is on a selfie tour. Cannot blame them. Climate change is just too harsh on skin with glutathione, is it not?

I do have a readership following in my own country. I did not know that until Warrior Pilgrimage made it to as far as Finalist in the Bloggys 2015 Philippine Blogging Awards and a share of the limelight during the awarding ceremony that was held at SMX Aura, Taguig City last November 2015. In fact, it even snared the People’s Choice Badge for Sports and Recreation despite it having no domain name, being on a platform provided free by Blogger.

Warrior Pilgrimage arrived there because its owner worked very hard to write and post quality contents four times a month, fifty times a year for eight years. Warrior Pilgrimage is now TEN YEARS, EIGHT MONTHS and 518 ARTICLES old as of this writing. Phenomenal is it not? I just wished I received a regular chain of checks from Google Ads for my effort but I never had one since Day One. But it is not what kept me going. I have an obligation with my readers and I only give the best.

Recently, Warrior Pilgrimage is in another spotlight. This time, it is listed as one of the TOP 40 BUSHCRAFT BLOGS in the world, compiled by Feedspot, a content reader and compiler that helps you keep track of all your favorite blogs, news sites, YouTube channels and RSS feeds. You can even submit your personal blog or one that is endeared to you and Feedspot would automatically sort it out for you according to its niche.

Someone must have submitted my blog URL long ago and, whoever you are, THANK YOU! I am at No. 31 which is fair enough. The Top 40 is dominated by blogs and websites which originate from the United Kingdom, the USA and Australia, countries where bushcraft and survival are very popular. Perhaps, I made it to the list because I used the English language as my medium of presentation. Or perhaps not at all.

The list shows the name of the blogs, countries of origin, short descriptions, the websites, posting consistency, year started, Facebook fans and Twitter followers. I am honored to be in this list considering that I am the only Filipino, the only Asian and the only one from a third-world country to be grouped with such heavyweights like Ray Mears Woodlore Bushcraft, Bushcraft USA and the Jack Mountain Bushcraft School. I cannot help it but exult in my selection in the Top 40.

This recognition came at a time after Warrior Pilgrimage celebrated its 10th year as a blog which – THIS – is its crowning glory. Nevertheless, it also came in a time where my passion for writing is threatened by limited opportunity due to my outdoor pursuits, which need more of my time, as well as another diversion: writing three books simultaneously. Such recognition do not come every day and my countrymen are happy with the list and they appreciate my blog even more. Thank you Feedspot.

Document done LibreOffice 5.3 Writer

4 comments:

Gian and Sheila said...

Payter sir Jing! You definitely deserve this award!

PinoyApache said...

Thank you Gian Carlo and Sheila Mei. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sir Jing!

Kulasimus Prime said...

Congratulations sir..