Saturday, December 8, 2012

OMEGA PELTA KAPPA @ 47

I HAVE PARTICIPATED an anniversary celebration of my fraternity - the OMEGA PELTA KAPPA - only once and that was during the Martial Law days. Memories are vague but, I believed, it happened right after an initiation rite for neophytes in Liloan, Cebu. I could be wrong but it seemed we were celebrating on the beach.

I am a Peltan since 1981 by way of the Delta Chapter.

Fast forward to September 8, 2012, I finally get a chance to attend my first “real” OPK Anniversary Celebration. This will be my first time to see the rest of my Peltan family through the years of its foundation in 1965 up to this 47th year.

The Municipality of Sibonga is hosting this year’s anniversary which, incidentally, is the birthday of the Virgin Mary where a feast is celebrated in the Shrine of Mary in Simala. A motorcade started at 8:00 AM from Cebu city where it converge at the Nuestra SeƱora del Pilar Parish for the 11:30 AM Thanksgiving Mass.

Motorcade then proceed to Coco Beach Resort in Bagacay where lunch is served and a host of other activities like giving recognition of Peltans who have made this year’s edition possible, the election of officers of the Peltans International Society of Professionals, Inc. (PISPI) led by Brod Edward Cilocilo and the distribution of PISPI ID. Theme for this 47th Anniversary Celebration is:

Coming together is a beginning;
Keeping together is progress;
Working together is success!

Absent were my 1981 batch mates, my Delta Chapter upperclassmen and my recruiter. I solemnly missed all of them but, what I lacked in familiar faces, are compensated by a present host of my other brothers and sisters from other chapters whom I may have crossed paths, in one way or another, in the past and the not-yet-distant years. Also present were representatives from Iloilo, Negros Occidental and Misamis Occidental.

The rest of the day were reserved for socials and bonding activities. The resort provided cottages, a fresh-water swimming pool, a beach volleyball court, bathrooms, restaurant, tables, chairs and open spaces for our activities. It is the best time to refresh my links within the OPK-PISPI hierarchy and to my individual sisters and brothers.

The following are the collage of photos that best describe the 47th OMEGA PELTA KAPPA Anniversary:




Document done LibreOffice 3.3 Writer


No comments: